Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recipe Ideas For A Fall Meal

When the weather gets cooler, especially when I can here the wind blowing through the trees outside, I get the yearning to start cooking some of those warm comfort foods again. I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen in the summer since we do a lot of grilling. So, when Fall hits I need to get a little inspired again. The first thing that always comes to my mind is my favorite white chili. It is so easy to make and I love having the leftovers the next day. But, I was interested in finding a few new things so I did a little searching and came up with a few that I am definitely going to try.

I make regular lasagna all of the time, so this recipe for seafood lasagna would be a nice change of pace.  Plus, I LOVE seafood!



My mom used to always make a great enchilada casserole but neither of us have that recipe anymore.  I went on a search for a good looking enchilada casserole recipe and am anxious to give this one a try.  That cheesy topping looks delightful!


Cheesy Enchilada Casserole

And I like this idea for chicken pot pie in a 9x13 pan.  It definitely looks like it could feed more or provide some leftovers, which I like!

Chicken Pot Pie

In case you are interested in my white chili recipe, I'll end with that.  It is super easy it's almost embarrassing. 

White Chili:

Ingredients:
1 pound cooked and cut up chicken breasts
1 16 oz. bottle salsa, I use mild but make it as hot as you want
1 8 oz. bag shredded pepper jack cheese - it comes in a bag now so you don't even have to shred it yourself!
1 48 oz. jar Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
**you can add 2 T cumin but I don't bother.....too much effort

Mix everything together, throw in a crock pot, and simmer all day...Wa La!




No comments: