Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Cheap Window Treatment For The Laundry Room

Window treatments can be fun and a little informal in such places as a laundry room.  This is a room that I was more concerned about getting natural light in than I was on having privacy.  I need all the help I can get to brighten up the task of doing laundry.

Since I knew that I didn't want a full curtain in there, I started thinking about just a valance.  I also wanted to do something fun in there, so I didn't go with a traditional curtain.

Even though I don't hang any clothes out on a clothesline, the image of clothes hanging out comes to mind when I think of laundry.  This is the image I wanted to portray with my window treatment.

Here is the resulting picture:
I simply screwed a couple of hooks into the wall on each side of the window frame.  I then strung some rope out, tying the ends to each hook.  Now I could hang up my valance with clothes pins.

Since I also like to recycle old items, I used an old table runner as my valance instead of purchasing one.  This was an easy way to get kind of a fun look in there.

To see more of my laundry/mud room, check out my article on laundry room design.


6 comments:

Chris said...

This is an awesome idea! I have been searching my brain to figure out what to do in the laundry room so I can still have light! Your are brilliant! I know exactly what I am going to do now and I already have what I need! I would love if you would share this at my party at http://usandthem1971.blogspot.com/2011/05/link-party-3.html Thanks! Chris

Chris said...

Thanks for sharing this at Us and Them! Can't wait to start work on mine! :) Chris

Kimberly said...

That is a very clever idea. I would have never thought of that :-) Love it! Great ideas here!
~Kimberly

www.stinkerpinker.com
www.thesweetscentshop.com

Night Owls Perch said...

Stopping by from www.nightowlsperch.com

Please come by and follow back, if you havent already.

Thanks! :)

TanyasTreasureTrove said...

Hi! Following you from FNF blog hop!
Hope you visit me and return the follow!:0)

denswaker said...

This one is surely looking one of the incredible window treatment. As the concept of this one is truly looking classy and exceptional. Thanks for sharing.

curtain draperies