Monday, April 25, 2011

My New Shabby Chic Trunk Table

I went shopping this past weekend to find furniture pieces in need of some repurposing.  I found two end tables at a thrift store and a great chair at a resale shop.  I can't wait to apply paint to the tables and enhance all of the flaws!  The chair just needs a little repair to the seat and a cushion that I already have the fabric picked out for.  I'll be showing these finished projects at a later date.

I was keeping my eye open for a coffee table or at least something to make into a coffee table for my living room.  I've been wanting something different for..oh..about seven years now.  My plan was to repurpose something myself.

While we were shopping, we popped into a fun home decor store in Traverse City, MI called The Red Dresser.  The window display caught my eye and the sign, An Eclectic Boutique.  It looked like my style and I wasn't wrong.  I wanted to buy out the store!  One of the first things I found was a shabby chic trunk table that I just knew would go perfectly in my living room.

Even though I was hoping to have a project of my own, I couldn't pass this finished project up.  Here is the trunk in it's new home in front of our sofa:

I love the claw foot legs on it!  Now I feel inspired to begin my own re-purposing projects.

2 comments:

Life With Lucy said...

Hi Renee! Thanks for your sweet comment! I love all of your fun projects- and your new trunk you found is fantastic! Looking forward to seeing with you re-prupose! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

loooove the idea of adding the legs.
~Heather