Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shabby Chic Bookcase Design

After my vacation, I am now feeling ready to tackle the job of making over an office for myself.  The room originally was a small play room with lime green walls.  I started to make it into a kids/mom office but now I want to give it a shabby chic style, just for me, and so it is going to take a lot of changes.

My husband is going to make me a bookcase - I just have to tell him that yet!  Actually he offered to a while ago and I'm thinking it is a good idea.

First, I went shopping on-line for a bookcase that I liked in a shabby chic design.  I found one that is already sold:

This looks easy to make and I really like the rose appliques and glass knobs.  Since I don't really need the drawers, I'm thinking my husband can easily make this with fake drawers.  Once the bookcase is painted a white linen or cream, I plan on distressing it a bit to give it an older look.

This will be a much better look than what I had in there previously:

The tall bookcase is already gone and in my craft room for storage shelves.  All of the videos and games are now in my son's gaming room.  The room right now is total chaos with books piled everywhere and some new shabby chic accessories lying about giving me inspiration.

It's time to clear everything out and paint.  One small step at a time ---- I keep having to tell myself!

1 comment:

Katherines Corner said...

looking forward to your project photos. Hoping your weekend is a nice one. Thinking of you and sending ♥