Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bedroom Decorating Ideas Using Vintage Accessories

I love to use vintage pieces in decorating to add a warm homey feel.  Since we already have antique bedroom furniture, I've been wanting to add some more accessories that would complement the style.  On a recent shopping trip I collected quite a few vintage accessories that would go perfectly with our decor.

Here are a couple of views of our furniture that were passed down to us from my husband's grandparents:
VIEW OF THE BED, CEDAR CHEST AND ONE OF THE DRESSERS


VIEW OF THE OTHER DRESSER, PARTIAL VIEW OF THE NIGHTSTAND &.......
see the chair just peeking out!!

This chair was one of the antique items that I had purchased.

The color of the wood was perfect for blending with our existing furniture.  I just made a seat cushion to dress it up a little bit.  I still need to get a stain marker to blend in the fixed crack at the front.

While we are at this part of the room, I need to show you another vintage piece I purchased for the wall:
I simply bought an old window frame to hang on the wall.  Right now I just have a floral pick attached to the frame with a rusted paper clamp.  I was going to add more but I'm kind of liking the simple look. 

Here is a close up view:

At the corner of the one nightstand, I placed a stack of very old and worn books.  An old brass puppy figurine, that my husband had received from his first grade teacher, holds the books in place.


I love using books in decorating anyway and this stack of my grandpa's old books holds special meaning.


We have one more furniture piece, that we actually had to purchase, that was made to look old.  I have now complemented that piece with some actual vintage accessories.

The fan and the books were just added.  I  My son  My husband purchased the fan from a great vintage store as a Mothers Day gift for me--- from my son.  I bought the weather vane initially for out on our deck but every winter bring it inside.  Now I'm kind of used to it on top of the armoire that I think I will just keep it there.
**Notice the one bird inside the glass door and the other one hanging on the knob....I just have to have my birds around!

I have linked this post to these link parties.

2 comments:

Ann Jones said...

Love your bedroom, wish that mine looked that nice! Following you from the Whimsical wednesday blog hop.

http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I especially like the old books with the puppies on it.