Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Inspiration From New York City Trip

I love to travel and to get inspired by the new things that I see.  When I was just in New York for a girls weekend, I particularly enjoyed seeing the architecture and design of Chelsea Market.  This is an indoor market that included a winery, bakery, basket store, etc..
I love all of the brick walls, rustic signs, and open duct work and pipes.
This just inspires me to find some kind of pipe and wrap some grapevine around it!  I love the rustic look.

These crates are fun!  I would love to find something like this to use as storage in my craft room.

The rough arches of the brick walls are so cool.  And, isn't the clock great?

I'm not quite sure what this light fixture is made from but it is quite an interesting look.

If I posted every picture, even just the ones of cool architecture, I would fill up pages and pages.  Everything I saw just kept filling my mind with inspiration for new ideas for crafts or decorating.  It really was fun to get a change of scenery, especially in such an artsy place as New York. 

We spent most of our time in either Manhattan or Brooklyn.  I really liked walking the streets of Brooklyn near Williamsburg.  Even the graffiti was fun to see (as long as it wasn't obscene).

This wall made a fun backdrop for a picture of me with my two daughters.  My daughter to the right side is the one who lives in Brooklyn. My other daughter, with the camera, has much better pictures I am sure.  So, I will probably be posting a few more when I get her pictures. 

I love the chalkboard table in my daughter's apartment.  It's an inexpensive way to put together a coffee table but the look is so fun and hip.
I may put together a table of my own in this style if I can find the right size crate!  I'm looking forward to getting back into the craft room.

No comments: