Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Did Anyone Make It To A Good Arts And Crafts Fair Yet This Year?

I am very disappointed to say that I did not get a chance to go to this year's art fair in Ann Arbor, MI.  I was totally planning on it but that week the average temperature was in the high nineties and I couldn't bring myself to walk around in that heat.

There are still a couple of smaller fairs that I hope to hit this Summer so all is not lost...hopefully.  Even if I don't  get out to a fair though, I absolutely love seeing all of the great arts and crafts for sale on Etsy.  It's good to know that I can do some on-line shopping whenever I want, even if I can't get that instant gratitude of walking away with my new treasure!

Oh..and yes I do sell some of my crafts on Etsy.  But, no that wasn't really a shameless plug.  I only have about a dozen items currently.  My main objective is to provide tutorials.  However, someday I may get serious about selling.  When there are about twenty days in a week!!

If you did get to a fair, where did you go and what did you buy?  I would love to hear about your experience!

2 comments:

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

My Mom and I have a tradition of going to the Salem Art Fair at Bush Park in Salem, OR every year. My Mom has been taking me since I was in a stroller. It's one of my favorite traditions. This year we had to rush through because I only had an hour before I had to be to work, but we went with our rainboots and umbrella since it rained all weekend. It's the only year that I can remember it raining when we went to the art fair, but we still went and had so much fun. Mom bought me a print to add to my collection from an artist that has been there the last 3 years.

Renee Hanlon said...

Bethany,
I'm glad you were still able to go even though it rained. It's always extra special when you collect art from a particular artist. That is one of the things that I love about going to fairs (or two)..the tradition and seeing some favorite artists year after year.