When I first bought this chair, a few years ago, it was not too pretty. The color was kind of a flourescent green with a seat cover fabric that had to be from the seventies. It was plenty bright and gardeny but much too loud. I wish I had a picture of it but I had painted over it so fast, back then, that there wouldn't have been time to even think about getting a camera out.
Originally, I had just sanded the green paint off and painted over the chair with a solid black paint. The look was fine but I was never totally happy with it. It was too solid of a color for the age of the chair. Plus, I hadn't done a very good job of sanding so it wasn't real smooth. There had been a coat of white paint underneath the green and I think I had just gotten tired of sanding.
Now, I decided it was time to fix the chair and give it some distressing to highlight the imperfections.
Here is the finished chair after painting: