Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This Week's Vintage Find...Antique Cowbells!

I was so excited to find these antique cowbells, for just pennies, at a shop in Pentwater, MI this past weekend:
This was not something I was actively going out to search for.  In fact, I didn't even know what kind of bells these were until I got home and researched them on the Internet.  I just knew when I saw them that they would be a great accessory in a future project.

Now, I am putting my thinking cap on.  A Christmas project comes to mind but I would love to be able to use them all year round so I'm going to think on that a little while longer.  What do you think?  Does a vision come to your mind?

I could always make collars for my son and my cat so that can't sneak up on me..haha!  As soon as I come up with something I will be posting it on my website, so stay tuned for that....

4 comments:

Kelsey Hanlon said...

My vote is to put them on Dill and Kirb.

Kat said...

In my other house (a very old house) I hung bells from every door so I could hear them open. Some people don't knock. Anyway, I changed the decorating of the bells with the seasons- autumn leaves for the fall, dried flowers for spring. You get the idea. I even have a llama bell on the back shed door. That one is too wonderful to decorate.

Renee Hanlon said...

Kat,
That is a great idea---especially if people don't knock! :) That gives me an idea to put them in a wreath as well. I ended up hanging them from a window swag, that I made, for now.
I'm definitely going to be collecting more of these :)

Renee Hanlon said...

Kelsey,
I may still do that too!! :) I hate when they sneak up on me.