Monday, March 21, 2011

Journal Cover - The Big Transformation!

In my post from yesterday, you saw my dull boring black journal in much need of a makeover.  Well, I got right to it!  Once I get an idea into my head it's hard to stop me :).  Plus, I was so excited to try something using mixed media.

So, without much further ado......here is the big reveal:
You really need to enlarge the picture if you want to see the detailing in the texture....
Ta Da!!  It's pink and it's girly.  It has two of my favorite elements - a bird and a birch twig.  And the bling! - I just had to add some clear glass sequins to add a little sparkle.

This was so much fun to do that I think I'm just going to have to do some more.  I already decided I need to have one journal at home and another one up at the cabin.

I did share my tutorial on my website, Rustic Crafts, so if you are interested head over and take a peek!

No comments: