Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

I am positive I heard a robin's chirp this morning!  That means it has to be official - Spring is here to stay.  It has been a long cold winter in Michigan but this past week has brought warmer temperatures and it absolutely cannot go back to frigid air now.

I picked this little bird up from one of my favorite stores in Ann Arbor, called Seconds, around Christmas time.  Among the antiques are several crafty items like this bird.  Anyway, this little guy reminds me of how the robins will have to dress if the weather turns cold -  their little feathers bundled up like a down pillow.

I was a little concerned about the robins because we are known to have some pretty big snow storms yet even in April.  So, I did some research.  I found out that robins can actually withstand pretty cold temperatures.  This was from a news article just published last week from the dailylocal.com.  Apparently, it's the food source that they need to be concerned about.  As long as there is not a deep layer of snow, they are still able to feed on worms.

So....NO MORE SNOW!!!!!

No comments: