Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vintage Case & Buttons - Great Find Of The Weekend

One of my husband and my favorite things to do is to browse antique stores for hidden treasures.  Since our son did not go up to our cabin with us this past weekend, we were free as little birds to browse at our leisure.

Most of the stores we go into are priced pretty high so we always leave saying that we have to find estate sales to get what we are looking for.

Well, on our way home we hit a treasure of a shop.  Of course we're not always after the real valuable items, we go for more of an eye on decor.  We were able to pick up an old fishing rod box/case, some wall hooks, a broken paddle (like I said - not always valuable stuff!), an old window frame and some faucet nozzles.  Other than the fishing rod box, these will all be refurbished into other decor items.  We were quite excited.

But then, hidden under a table, was a great find for me and my craft room!

A vintage case perfect for storage..........but wait......


It was full of old buttons!  I love to use buttons in my craft projects and the more unique they are the better.  I felt like a kid in a candy shop.  Not only did I have a cool storage box but I had contents that I could use.

I can't wait to surf through and get inspired for another project!

No comments: