Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Need To Bling My Journal!

I bought a journal quite awhile back.  In fact, my first entry was 6/28/2009.  I now have exactly six pages written in.  My intentions were very good.  I was going to make a steady habit of writing my thoughts and feelings down and also keep some fun memories alive.  At my age, I am already forgetting details that I thought I would always remember!

It's not that I don't have lots of thoughts and important events to write about - I do!  I just haven't been inspired to pick up my journal.

I decided that maybe it is because my journal cover isn't very inspiring:
It's just black....kind of depressing.  I have some crafty friends that have made some great journals using mixed media art.  Those journals - I would pick up and use.  I just know it.  Since I am crafty myself and have been dabbling in mixed media, I thought why not give my journal a makeover?

So, that is exactly what I am going to set out to do.  I don't have an exact plan yet so any input would be greatly appreciated! :)

If it happens to turn out wonderful, I will do a tutorial on my craft website.  If not, well at least I will show my results here....and then maybe buy a new journal!

4 comments:

Susie Buetow said...

Hiya! Thanks for stopping in! I'm your newest follower! I hope you add some real bling to this Journal! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Since I love cooking and coffee, I'd have to take that route with my decorating.
You should make it like a cabin since that is where you truly relax! lol

Have a great week! Susie

Renee Hanlon said...

Thanks Susie!
I've been playing around with the journal today - I just couldn't wait :). I should be posting a picture tomorrow.
I like your cabin idea though. I just might have to do another one - it was so much fun.

Donna Perugini said...

Hi, Renee,
We used to live in Ann Arbor and we would vacation at times on Beaver Island, MI. We also had a family vacation at Y camp on Burt Lake, MI. Is your cabin near those areas?

Renee Hanlon said...

Hi Donna,
Our cabin is south of Burt Lake - closer to the Pentwater/Ludington area. I live in Brighton and go to Ann Arbor all the time! :)