Monday, March 28, 2011

Nature Inspired Lamp Shade

I was expecting to get some creative inspiration once I got to our cabin this past weekend.  What I wasn't expecting was to find inspiration already on our drive up there.

It was a beautiful sunny day but the air was frigid.  The temperature was just below freezing.  As I looked outside the car window, I was astounded by the beauty of the trees.  There was a coating of ice over the branches and the sun glistening down on them made the branches glisten like diamonds.

I tried to get a picture as we were moving at about 78 miles per hour.  This will give you a little bit of an idea anyway although it doesn't come close to doing it justice:



After seeing that, I knew I had to incorporate the look into one of my crafts.  I had just finished a lamp shade that I had covered with birch twigs.  I wanted to make those twigs glisten like these trees.

This morning I went right to work on adding that sparkle to my shade.  All I did was glue on some clear glass sequins and here is what I ended up with:

I like the lamp so much better now!  I've decided that I am going to totally redecorate the old playroom/gameroom and make it my own personal office.  This lamp is one of the first items that is going in it.



No comments: