Thursday, April 21, 2011

Twig End Table Mystery

Check out the twig end table in this picture:
We have had this fun little table in our basement for years.  This prized possession has traveled with us from house to house.  Because it was given to my husband from his grandpa, the table is very special.   What makes it even more special is the fact that his grandpa hand crafted the table himself.   My husband has always bragged about this fact when people see the table.  In fact, my husband attributes some of his wood working ability to his grandpa.  They have very similar tastes because my husband has made several twig furnishings himself.
A few weeks ago, my husband and I were in an antique store in Ohio.  We love looking for treasures and were hoping to find something special.  What we did find was not at all what we were expecting.......

Check out this picture:
Notice the twig end table.....it still has the tag on it!  This one is almost exactly like the hand crafted, original, no other table like it ---that his grandpa made?!  The only difference is the pattern in which the twigs weave. 

We couldn't believe it!  I suppose it is possible that his grandpa had made two and somehow the other one ended up one state away.  It's more likely though that this table was purchased by his grandpa.  Since my husband doesn't really remember what made him think his grandpa made the table and neither of his grandparents are with us anymore, we will never really know for sure.

I still like to think it was made by his grandpa....it makes a better story.

2 comments:

Debbie Does Coupons .com said...

I am a new follower from Thursday blog hop. Would love for you to visit my blog and follow back at http://debbiedoescoupons.com

Susan W. said...

Oh how I love different! Hello, new follower from Thursday hop...would love for you to visit www.fingerclicksaver.com. HAGW!